|27 Medi 2021
||Gwasanaethau Targed – Busnes a Thrawsnewid, Lles Cymunedol, Tîm Anableddau, Cymorth i Deuluoedd ac Ymyrraeth, Plant sy'n derbyn Gofal, Pobl Hŷn a HSW, Safonau Ansawdd, Tîm Pobl Ddiamddiffyn, Gwasanaeth Cyfiawnder Ieuenctid
Grŵp Targed – Yr holl ymarferwyr sy'n cynnal ymyraethau uniongyrchol gyda Rhieni a theuluoedd
Parental Substance Misuse can cause serious harm to children from conception and into adulthood. Often when a parent becomes aware of the impact they are having on their children, they are willing to make changes. Timing can be crucial, and practitioners need to feel skilled and able to support the parent, particularly when other specialist services aren’t involved.
Course aims and objectives:
This 1-day course will take you through the essential steps in supporting a parent to reduce or stop using.
- The family as a system
- Discussing the impact on children in way that doesn’t evoke shame.
- Using MI skills to nudge the parent into action.
- Carrying out a Functional Analysis
- Harm Reduction approaches
- Making a change plan
- What you need to know about cutting down Stimulants, Cannabis and Alcohol (knowing when medical intervention is needed)
- Managing cravings
- Exploring high risk situations
- Engaging the family and other support networks.
- When the child resists the parental change.
For further information, or if you have booked a place on the course and have not received notification to attend please contact the Workforce Development & Learning Administrative Team. Please do not turn up to any course unless you have received notification of your place as the event may be fully booked.