- What is the Additional Social Care Payment Scheme Scheme
- How we will administer the special payment
- When will the scheme open
- What happens after the application is received
- If your application is approved
- Privacy statement
Eligible staff will receive a taxable payment of £1,498 paid in one lump sum or spread the over five months in five equal instalments.The payment will be made to social care staff who meet the eligibility criteria as detailed in the Welsh Government Guidance here.
Who can claim
The payment will be made to social care staff who were employed in an eligible role at 31 March 2022 and those that started in an eligible role between 01 April 2022 and 30 June 2022 subject to the qualifying criteria set by Welsh Government.
The Local Authority will administer the payments to Providers/Employers in respect of the following job roles
- Care workers employed in registered care homes (children’s and adult) in a role where registration with Social Care Wales is or will be required.
- Senior care staff, care managers and nurses employed in registered care homes in a role where registration with Social Care Wales or the Nursing and Midwifery Council is required.
- Domiciliary care workers employed by registered domiciliary support services in a role where registration with Social Care Wales is required.
- Care manager employed by registered domiciliary support services in a role where registration with Social Care Wales is required.
- Residential family centre support workers and manager in a role where registration with Social Care Wales is or will be required.
Providers/Employers need to ensure that:
- Eligible staff complete and submit Claim Forms to their employers.
- Employers submit the fully completed eligible staff list by no later than 30th April 2022. These lists must include names, national insurance numbers and job category.
The Scheme is extended to Personal Assistants employed by people in receipt of Local Authority Direct Payments. The administration of payments to Personal Assistants will be managed separately under the Direct Payments Team. For further information please contact the team on the following email address: email@example.com.
The payment will be administered to Providers/Employers on behalf of their staff through a two stage process as follows:
Stage 1: Providers / Employers claim the financial recognition for eligible staff below.
Stage 2: Providers / Employers claim supplementary funding to cover the costs incurred as a direct result of the financial recognition scheme
For further information about the Scheme and who is eligible to receive the payment please read the WG guidance or email us on firstname.lastname@example.org
Providers / Employers can commence the application for the special payments scheme through the following links:
Stage 1: Claim financial recognition for eligible staff
Before applying, Providers / Employers need to:
- Determine who is eligible to receive the payment.
- Provide the Employee Claim Form to eligible staff for completion
- Collect the completed Employee Claim Forms from eligible staff and retain for two years for audit trail purposes.
Please note: There may be a requirement to provide a completed copy of the Employee Claim Form that substantiate the claims made. Failure to produce these forms may result in the recovery of funding. By submitting the List of Eligible Staff, the Local Authority assumes that the Provider/Employer has obtained the completed and signed Claimed Form from their eligible staff.
The scheme is open now and the deadline for submissions is 30th April 2022.
Applications will be dealt with on a first come first served basis and the payments in respect of eligible staff are planned to be completed by 30th June 2022.
Claims for new starters (for the period between 1st April to the 18th May) will need submitted by the 18th May 2022 to enable the Local Authority to process the payment to Providers by the end of May to ensure that all staff employed by Providers as at 31 March and between April and 18 May (providing they meet the eligible criteria) can be paid in June.
Claims for new starters (for the period between 19th May to the 30th June) will need to be submitted in one final claim preferably the end of June but no later than 8th July. The payment for these staff will be made by the Local Authority to the Provider at the end of July to enable payment to staff in the August payroll (providing they meet the eligible criteria).
Please only submit your staff details in an Excel format or this may slow down your application.
Employee Claim Form (Microsoft Word version)
Directly employed staff template (Microsoft Excel version)
Only submit a file or claim once. Ensure all your data is correct before you submit. Additional submissions do cause delays due to additional verifications that must be completed by Conwy County Borough Council.
What happens after the application is received
Receipt of the application will be automatically acknowledged following submission of the claim.
We aim to process the application within 30 days of receipt subject to the correct information provided and checks undertaken.
Important note: If any data is incomplete or incorrect, we will not process the application until further information is received.
If the application is approved, a notification will be sent through the Council’s P2P facility.
If the application is unsuccessful in respect of any of the staff, an email outlining the reasons for rejection will be sent to the employer together with an appeal process.
An appeal process is applicable in accordance with the WG Guidance where a claim has been rejected by the employer. A Reconsideration Request Form is to be completed if the special payment has been rejected by the employer and the worker wishes the Local Authority to reconsider this.
This privacy notice sets out how we intend to process personal data in order to complete the special payment process in Conwy.
By submitting your application you are agreeing to share your information with Conwy County Borough Council, Welsh Government and in cases of fraud the Police.