In order for you to receive information and/or support from Funding Development and Management at Conwy County Borough Council we will record your personal information. Without your personal information we may not be able to provide you with the information/service you have requested.
We will use this information in the following ways:
- to help us deal with your enquiry;
- to help us process a grant or funding application;
- to provide you with access to relevant products and services, e.g. GRANTfinder; Business Support;
- to communicate with you;
- to process financial transactions for grants directly involving us; and
- to enable us to improve the quality of our services.
We may disclose personal information to other Council departments and partner agencies for the purpose of verifying a grant application or identifying alternative funding opportunities.
We may disclose personal information to a third party, but only:
- where it is required by law; or
- where it is otherwise allowed under the Data Protection legislation.
‘The Council is required by law to protect the public funds it administers and so may use any information you have provided for the prevention, detection and investigation of fraud and irregularity, for the performance of a contract, or, task carried out in the public interest, or to comply with a legal obligation. Part 6 of the Local Audit and Accountability Act 2014 and the Accounts and Audit (Wales) Regulations are the Legal basis.’
How long we will hold your information
Six years from the date of your enquiry or, for grants awarded, seven years from the payment of the grant.
Your information rights
For full details of your information rights please refer to Conwy County Borough Council’s Full Privacy Notice at: www.conwy.gov.uk/privacynotices
Your information rights for this service are set out below:
You have a right to:
- access the data that we hold;
- rectify any inaccuracies;
- restrict the use of the information we hold about you if you have raised an objection, whilst your objection is investigated; and
- request that records we hold about you, other than information supporting grant applications, are erased prior to the period stated above.
For further information please contact us at:
Funding Development and Management or Information Governance Unit,
Conwy County Borough Council,
PO Box 1,
If you are not happy with the response you receive from us you have the right to make a complaint to the Information Commissioner’s Office at:
Telephone: 029 2067 8400
Fax: 029 2067 8399
Last updated: 2 July 2021
Funding Development and Management