Selection for employment, promotion will be offered on the basis of aptitude and ability only and we have developed a transparent shortlisting and selection process to achieve this. We ensure all new staff are inducted appropriately, and receive the necessary training to undertake their role, regularly reviewing their Performance and Development.
Our employment monitoring reports monitor the workforce and job applicants. We regularly publish annual employment monitoring reports to evaluate the fairness and accessibility of key employment practices within the Council. We continuously work to improve the quality of information in this area. Where it is likely that the identity of individuals could be disclosed we withhold this information from our published reports.
Our employment monitoring reports include information on:
- Staff currently working for us
- Applicants for employment
- Applicants for promotion
- Applicants for training
- Staff who receive training
- Staff who benefit or suffer due to performance appraisals
- Staff who are the subject of disciplinary action
- Staff who are involved in grievance procedures
- Staff who end their service with us
This information has been used to:
- Identify equality issues for the organisation
- Identify steps to further advance equality or foster good relations
These are our latest reports, to request any previous reports please contact the Equalities Team.