The Conwy Welfare Rights team provide free, confidential advice and support on all welfare benefits. Some of the areas we may be able to assist you with are:
- Checking that you are getting the right amount of money.
- Giving information about benefit entitlement and advise you of how to claim.
- Checking if you are entitled to any other concessions, for example Council Tax Reduction, or free school meals.
- Giving advice if you have been turned down for a benefit and need to appeal a decision.
- Advising if you have had a change in circumstances and need to apply for benefits.
Did you know?
If you have a long term disability you may be able to claim:
- Attendance Allowance if you are over pension age or
- Personal Independence Payment (PIP) if you are aged between 16 and pension age.
These benefits do not affect any income related benefits you may already receive. This could be an extra £150.00 a week (2020-2021 rates) depending on your circumstances.
Other benefits or concessions you may be entitled to are:
You may be entitled to a Council Tax Reductionif one of the following you circumstances apply to you:
- Receiving Pension Credit Guarantee Credit
- Have a diagnosis of a severe mental impairment e.g. Dementia or Alzheimer’s disease, confirmed by a GP, in addition to receiving a disability benefit.
- Have brought your bed downstairs because of a permanent disability.
- Use additional oxygen 24 hours per day.
You may be entitled to a reduction in water charges if you:
- Have a medical condition that requires you to use more water than usual
- Have 3 children under the age of 19
In addition, if you are experiencing financial hardship, you can apply to Welsh Water for the Customer Assistance Fund, which can help pay off water arrears. This scheme requires you to have a low credit score.
If you receive Pension Credit Guarantee Credit, you are entitled to a Warm Home Discount of £140.00 from your energy supplier to help pay the cost of your winter fuel bill.
If you need further information please contact:
Conwy Welfare Rights Benefit Advice Line
Telephone: 01492 576605
Monday to Thursday 9am-5pm