We are moving towards providing a more environmentally friendly service and we ask you to consider more eco-friendly options when planning a funeral. These can include:
- asking the funeral director not to using embalming chemicals
- not having plastics on your choice of coffin
- not using plastic wrapping on floral memorials and tying naturally
We also request you don’t place lights, wind chimes or windmills around the cemetery as these can impact on a mourner’s experience.
We offer woodland burials at:
- Rhandir Hedd Cemetery, Llanfairfechan
- Llanrhos Cemetery, Llanrhos
- Tan y Foel Cemetery, Penmaenmawr
A woodland burial is an environmentally friendly option, without a traditional coffin or headstone. Using a biodegradable coffin or casket made from cardboard, natural timber or woven grass, these burials have less impact on the environment.
More information on woodland burials.