Below are some links to services available in Conwy, which may find contain useful information if you are struggling with the rising cost of living.
Cartrefi Conwy - Supporting communities through the colder months
A Warm Welcome - Come along to one of our community centres to enjoy a warm safe space, with some hearty soup and a roll.
Mondays 12pm - 2pm
Pentre Newydd, Old Colwyn
Tuesdays 12pm - 2pm
Kennedy Court, Old Colwyn
Wednesdays 11am - 1pm
Chester Avenue, Kinmel Bay
Thursdays 12pm - 2pm
Y Fron, Colwyn Bay
Fridays 11am - 1pm
Conwy Libraries offer free access to many facilities and services which may be of use to our residents.
For example, we can offer help and support on:
- Job seeking,
- CV completion and printing
- Practicing language skills
- Awareness of resources such as professional magazines to learn more before a job interview
- Supporting with printing or scanning documents for customers requesting additional living allowances
- Discussing online and books to help customers with dyslexia
- Raising awareness of our health and wellbeing collections for children and adults to support customers through busy and more challenging times
Library membership is free, you can join at your local library or use our online form for immediate access to our online resources.
You can access to a wide range of books for all ages, online resources, and spoken word collections and e-resources. Our online catalogue gives you 24/7 access
All libraries offer access to PCs and staff facilitation. Online access from the library or home includes free newspaper and magazines, online information resources and language and driving theory test learning resources, all are listed on our website.
Events to support our customers include weekly storyline, reading groups, IT support and informal Welsh language practice sessions.
This winter local residents can access a hot shower free of charge at Conwy’s leisure centres - just ask at reception and bring your towel and toiletries. Info about opening times at Leisure Centres (conwy.gov.uk)