Applications are open for eligible children with a date of birth between 01/09/2018 - 31/03/2020.
Applications for children born between 01/01/2020 and 31/03/2020 are open now. Please apply via the National Digital system.
What is the offer?
|Your child turns 3 between? ||Your child can start on the offer at the|
| 1 September and 31 December
|| Beginning of the term on or after 1 January
| 1 January and 31 March
|| Start of the term on or after 1 April
| 1 April and 31 August
|| Start of the term on or after 1 September
Who is eligible?
To be eligible for free child care you must meet the following eligibility criteria:
- Your child is aged 3 or 4 years and is able to access part time Foundation Phase Education
- All parents, or co-habiting couples, in the household work the equivalent of at least 16 hours at national living wage or national minimum wage.(Parents will not to be eligible if they earn more than £100,000 per annum- this is a per parent limit)
- One parent is employed / in education or training and one parent has substantial caring responsibilities based on specific benefits received for caring;
- Both parents are employed / in education or training but one or both parents are temporarily away from the workplace on parental, maternity, paternity or adoption leave;
- Both parents are employed / in education or training but one or both parents are temporarily away from the workplace on statutory sick pay;
- One parent is employed / in education or training and one parent is disabled or incapacitated based on receipt of specific benefits (please see below);
- Parents in education and training who are enrolled on a Higher Education (HE) undergraduate or postgraduate courses or those enrolled on a course at a Further Educations (FE) institution. In both cases the course has to be at least 10 weeks in length and can also be a course delivered by distance learning;
- Foster parents and parents on adoption leave as long as they meet the parental eligibility criteria and providing the childcare is in line with their foster child’s Care Plan / Adoption Support Plan.
Eligible benefits second parent may be in receipt of (parent 1 will need to be working equivalent of 16 hours per week):
The table below shows income based on minimum wage working 16 hours per week. If your income is below the total for your age range you will not be eligible.
- Incapacity benefit;
- Carers allowance;
- Severe disablement allowance;
- Long term incapacity benefit;
- Employment and support allowance; or National insurance credits on the grounds of incapacity for work or limited capability for work.
|Age Range ||Hourly||Weekly||Monthly||Yearly|
Please note: Making an application does not guarantee a childcare place. Funding does not commence until after your application is approved and begins on the start date agreed with your childcare provider.
If you meet the eligibility criteria you can apply now.
*Please note, depending on your circumstances, claiming the 30 hours may affect some benefits you currently receive, such as:
- Childcare element of Working Tax Credit
- Universal Credit
- Tax Free childcare and Childcare Vouchers
- Housing Benefit
- Council Tax Reduction
Information: Effect on Benefits (Welsh Government)
Information for Parents and Carers
Information for Childcare Providers
Do you need help?
If you would like some more information, need to check on your eligibility criteria or want information on Childcare please contact:
Conwy Family Information Service