Why choose Welsh medium Education?
Welsh-medium education can offer your child additional opportunities, experiences and skills whatever the language of the home.
What are the advantages of being bilingual / multilingual?
There are many benefits to being bilingual / multilingual.
Your child can:
- communicate fluently and confidently in English and Welsh
- do as well, if not better, in English as children receiving English medium education
- perform better in tasks
- learn other languages more easily
- transition from primary to secondary with ease
- be part of the wider community and this will give them a strong identity and sense of belonging
- have a rich experience of the culture, history and the identity of Wales
Speaking two languages:
- gives another skill to put on an application form
- is very useful in the workplace as an increasing number of posts state the ability to speak Welsh as an essential or desirable skill
- supports employers in Wales to be able to provide services bilingually in a variety of areas such as health, education, leisure, childcare, retail and public services
- enables bilingual people to earn on average 11% of extra pay
Can every child / pupil access Welsh medium Education in Conwy County?
Welsh-medium Education provision is accessible to every child in every area of Conwy County.