The areas you CANNOT take your dog on to are:
In Parks and Open Spaces
- Land owned and / or maintained by Conwy County Borough Council, which has 'Dog Exclusion Zone' signs erected
- Fenced Children's Play Areas
- Multi Use Games Areas
- Tennis Courts
- Skate Parks
- Bowling Greens
- Fields attached to schools, including community fields used by schools for sports.
- The playing area of marked sports pitches (the pitch area must be clearly identifiable and defined by a specific line)
- Betws yn Rhos Playground
- Capel Garmon Playing Fields
- Cae Ffwt Football Ground, Glan Conwy
- Gyffin Playing Fields
- Gower Road Recreation Area, Trefriw
- Maes Aled Playground, Llansannan
- The football pitch, bowling green and multi use games area, Llansannan
On the Beach
If an area of beach is not included in the list below, you are free to enter and for your dog to be off lead thereon.
*(including the seashore, foreshore and any slope or staircase leading onto the beaches) as follows:
Between 1st May and 30th September:
- Rhos on Sea Beach (between Rhos Point and the eastern end of the Cayley Promenade)
- Colwyn Bay Beach (between the Victoria Pier and the entrance to Eirias Park).
- Pensarn Beach (between the embedded wooden posts by the café and the embedded concrete posts at the western end of the promenade).
- Kinmel Bay Beach (between Dinas Avenue, Kinmel Bay and Sandbank Road Towyn)
- Llandudno North Shore Beach (from Llandudno Pier to Clarence Road)
- Llandudno West Shore Beach (between the two stone groynes)
- Penmaenmawr Beach (from the east side of the café to the sailing club slipway)
- Llanfairfechan Beach (between the 2 slipways extending down from the promenade to the Low Water Mark)
- Small Sandy Beach at Rhos Point, Rhos on Sea
*These beach restrictions are the same areas as the previous bylaws, except for Colwyn Bay where the area of beach has been narrowed and the times shortened from March - October to May - September.