If you own a property that has been empty for 6 months or longer, or if you are thinking of buying a property that has been empty for 6 months or longer, you may be eligible for a grant.
We will consider a grant of up to £20,000 per property if it needs improvements or alterations to make sure it meets current standards for rented accommodation.
The grant amount will be 70% of the cost of the agreed work, and the owner will be responsible for the other 30% of the costs.
Once the work is complete, you must make the property available to the Council for 5 years. During that time, we will use the property to help rehouse households who have become homeless through no fault of their own.
For more information, please contact the Housing Strategy Team:
Phone: 01492 574235 or 01492 574633