You can make a request for a housing adaption via the ‘Single Point of Access’ in a variety of ways:
(1) Using our online enquiry form
(2) By telephoning 0300 456 1111(Monday - Thursday 9.00am - 4.45pm, and Fridays 9.00am - 4.15pm)
To help us deal with you enquiry efficiently we expect you to:
- Tell us your name and address.
- If you are a private tenant, you will need to obtain your landlord permission for any adaption work to be carried out. Without landlord permission we will not be able to process your application.
- Give us as much information as possible to help us deal with your request.
Once referred to an Occupational Therapist:
- We will offer an appointment at a time that is a convenient to you, to carry out an Occupational Therapist/ Trusted Assessor assessment and Technical assessment of the property (if necessary).
- You will be informed of the outcome of the above assessments.
- If successful you will be informed of the key steps to install an adaption including expected timeframes.
- If it has been decided that adapting your home is not the best option to meet your long term needs you will be notified in writing and invited to discuss your options with the relevant department/teams.