How do I get an allotment?
If you are interested in applying for an allotment, contact the Environment Advice Team on 01492 575337 or use our online form.
Who can have an allotment?
People who meet the following criteria can have an allotment within Conwy county borough:
- Are aged 18 years of age and above
- Are resident within Conwy county borough Allotment tenants who move out of the county will be required to surrender their allotment tenancy.
Where can I have one?
- There are 13 allotment sites across the County these are in Llanfairfechan, Penmaenmawr, Conwy, Deganwy, Llandudno, Penrhyn Bay, Rhos on Sea, Colwyn Bay, Old Colwyn and Towyn.
- We endeavour to allocate plots within a 3 mile radius of a person's residence.
Are there allotment plots available now?
- Demand for allotments has increased significantly in recent months and currently outweighs the availability of plots. At the moment there is a waiting list and plots are offered to applicants in date order.
What is the council doing to solve the problem?
- The council takes its responsibility to provide allotments very seriously and is currently implementing a new allotment strategy which aims to increase allotment provision over the next 5 years.
Why aren't there any allotments in my area?
- We are currently looking into new areas to develop allotment sites and will endeavour to do this in areas of high demand.
Can I keep bees and livestock?
- No the council believes the best use of available land is for growing fruit, vegetables, flowers and plants.
Can I put a shed, greenhouse or polytunnel on my plot?
- Tenants must write to the Council to request permission to erect any structures on their plot.
I've got an allotment but I want to surrender it, how do I do that?
Can I have more than 1 plot?
- Currently we have a long waiting list so are limiting plots to 1 per household. As we increase the number of sites throughout the County, we will review this policy.
If you still have a question regarding Allotments, please contact ERF or complete our online enquiry form.