All our public toilets are open except for:
- Abergele - Water Street (Gents) (awaiting repairs)
- Betws y Coed – Pont y Pair (essential maintenance work, 14-16 September)
- Capel Curig (disabled facilities) (closed due to vandalism, awaiting repairs)
- Colwyn Bay – Ivy Street (closed due to vandalism)
- Conwy – Tourist Information Centre (staff sickness, 13, 15, 16 September)
- Gwydir Park, Llanrwst (closed awaiting redevelopment)
- Llandudno Junction (closed due to vandalism)
- Llanfairfechan Station Road
- Llanrwst – Watling Street (Gents) (closed due to vandalism, awaiting repairs)
- Penmaenmawr Promenade near Sailing Club
- Trefriw – Gower Road (essential maintenance work)
List of public toilets in Conwy (PDF 1.42Mb)
During summer months (Easter until the first week in September)
- Opened between 07:00 and 10:00 (depending on location)
- Closed between 19:00 and 21:00 (depending on location)
During winter months (second week in September until Easter)
- Opened between 07:30 and 10:00 (depending on location)
- Closed between 16:30 and 17:30 (depending on location)
- Public toilets will be closed on Christmas Day and New Year’s Day.
Public Toilet FAQs
What do I need to do to keep safe when using the toilets?
Follow the information on the signs. This will tell you how many people can enter at one time, where to wait and where to walk. It is very important that you stick to social distancing and wash your hands well.
What are you doing to keep the toilets safe to use?
Where toilet blocks are small, only one person is allowed in at a time. We have put up signs to show where you should wait and which way to walk.
Some of the urinals, sinks and cubicles are blocked off – please do not try to use them.
Do I need to pay? How do I do this?
Some of our toilets are pay facilities. There are instructions on the door how to use the coin payment machine. Please do not try to wedge open the doors – this damages the lock and puts the toilet out of action.
Why isn’t there an attendant at each public toilet?
We have staff onsite all day at our busiest facilities, and other staff travel between public toilets.
Community Toilet Scheme
We are also committed to the Community Toilet Scheme, which is a Welsh Assembly Government Scheme to encourage local businesses to open their toilet facilities to the general public.
Not all businesses in the Community Toilet Scheme are currently open.
You are welcome to use the toilets without making a purchase where you see this sign.
Community Toilet Scheme in Conwy (PDF 2.19Mb)