Essential Website Maintenance – Thursday 9th January 2020

We will be carrying out essential website maintenance in the afternoon which will affect some functionality. We apologise in advance for any inconvenience the work may cause and will do all we can to keep disruption to an absolute minimum.

Section 115E Licence

Summary (optional)
If you want to use the pavement for business purposes, you must obtain a licence.
start content

If you want to use the pavement for business purposes, you must get a Section 115E licence.

How much does it cost?

The licence is free.

How do I apply?

  1. Check with the planning team to make sure that what you want to do doesn’t need planning consent
  2. Email to apply for your licence. You need to include:
  • Your name and address
  • What activity you want to do and what equipment or furniture this involves
  • The exact location for the area you want to use
  • A scaled or dimension plan of the location, showing the exact position of your proposed activity
  • Proof of insurance cover for £5m for any one claim (this should be your current insurance certificate not the policy document)
  • How long you want the licence for
  • Evidence that you do not need planning consent, or that you have planning consent

What happens next?

We will review your application within 10 working days. We will tell you if we are likely to grant your licence and if there would be any site specific conditions.

There is a 28 day period when people can contact us with concerns about your application.

If we do not receive any objections, we will issue you a licence.

If we receive objections or concerns about your application, we cannot grant you a licence.

What happens when I get my licence?

You must comply with the terms and conditions of your licence. If you break these conditions, we may serve you a notice to fix this. If you do not comply with this notice, we can take steps to make this happen and claim back from you the expense of doing this.

If you do not comply with the terms of your licence, we can terminate your licence in writing.

You are responsible for any damage caused to the pavement by the activity you are licenced for. We will inspect the condition of the pavement before your licence period begins and when it finishes. If we need to repair damage, this will be paid for by you.
end content