|30th September 2021
||09:30PM - 4.00PM
||Targeted Services – Business & Transformation, Community Wellbeing, Disability Team, Family Support & Intervention, Looked After Children, Older People & HSW, Quality Standards, Vulnerable People Team, Youth Justice Service
Target Group - All practitioners who carry out interventions with adults
Drug and alcohol misuse is such a significant part of social service caseloads, but not all clients meet the criteria for, or indeed need specialist services to make changes.
This course is for staff who have complete a course on motivational interviewing in the last 3 years.
Course aims and objectives:
This 1-day course will take you through the essential steps in supporting someone to reduce or stop using:
- When medical intervention is needed
- Using MI skills to move the client from contemplation to preparation and then into action.
- Carrying out a Functional Analysis
- Harm Reduction approaches
- Making a change plan
- What you need to know about cutting down Stimulants, Cannabis and Alcohol
- Managing cravings
- Exploring high risk situations
- Social Behaviour & Network Therapy (or engaging a support network)
For further information, or if you have booked a place on the course and have not received notification to attend please contact the Workforce Development & Learning Administrative Team. Please do not turn up to any course unless you have received notification of your place as the event may be fully booked.