This three hour course helps carers to understand and meet Health and Safety standards and provides the knowledge and skills to recognise and reduce common household risks. The course teaches Foster Carers their legal responsibilities within the Foster Care Standards regarding health and safety.
The course will enable delegates to understand the difference between a hazard and a risk as well as outline the most common causes of accidents and help identify key hazards within the home. Carers will learn how to reduce risk of poisons and electrical hazards and how to create a fire safety plan.
|3rd February 2022
||9.30am - 12.30pm
||Targeted Services – Foster Carers, Fostering Team
Course aims and objectives:
- Recognise legal responsibilities within the Foster Care Standards regarding health and safety
- List the most common causes of accidents
- Identify key hazards within the home
- Understand the difference between a hazard and a risk
- List the control measures in order of importance
- Reduce the risks of poisons and electrical hazards
- Create a fire safety plan
For further information, or if you have booked a place on the course and have not received notification to attend please contact the Workforce Development & Learning Administrative Team. Please do not turn up to any course unless you have received notification of your place as the event may be fully booked.