All our public toilets are open except for:
- Colwyn Bay, Ivy Street - closed due to vandalism
- Eglwysbach - temporarily closed
- Llandudno Junction - closed due to vandalism
- Llanfairfechan, Station Road - awaiting repairs
- Llanrwst, Gwydir Park - closed awaiting redevelopment, temporary facilities available
- Towyn, Sandbank Road - temporary facilities available, no disabled facility
List of public toilets in Conwy (PDF 1.42Mb)
During summer months (Easter until the first week in September)
- Opened between 07:00 and 10:00 (depending on location)
- Closed between 19:00 and 21:00 (depending on location)
During winter months (second week in September until Easter)
- Opened between 07:30 and 10:00 (depending on location)
- Closed between 16:30 and 17:30 (depending on location)
- Public toilets will be closed on Christmas Day and New Year’s Day.
Public Toilet FAQs
Do I need to pay? How do I do this?
Some of our toilets are pay facilities. There are instructions on the door how to use the coin payment machine. Please do not try to wedge open the doors – this damages the lock and puts the toilet out of action.
Why isn’t there an attendant at each public toilet?
We have staff onsite all day at our busiest facilities, and other staff travel between public toilets.
Community Toilet Scheme
We are also committed to the Community Toilet Scheme, which is a Welsh Assembly Government Scheme to encourage local businesses to open their toilet facilities to the general public.
Not all businesses in the Community Toilet Scheme are currently open.
You are welcome to use the toilets without making a purchase where you see this sign.
Community Toilet Scheme in Conwy (PDF 2.19Mb)